maganbagan

The Storyspinner
Becky Wallace
Mortal Heart
Robin LaFevers
Defiance - C.J. Redwine First of all, I really love this cover and the finished copy on the hardcover is even more beautiful. The mixture of the light and the dark fit perfectly with the theme of the story. Gorgeous!

This book completely blew me away. I wasn't entirely sure what to expect, but it was so much more. The world that C.J. created was a dark and intense setting to begin with. But then there were certain situations that came up that I didn't see coming. These things I believe truly added to the dystopian aspect and made the circumstances seem even more imperative.

We also got both Rachel and Logan's points of view. It wasn't just one or the others story, and I loved that. In some instances it's important to get a different character's perspective, especially if the characters end up separated. C.J. weaved their stories seamlessly and kept me engaged to them both the entire time.

I just can't emphasize enough how completely blown away I was by this book. There was so much that took place from the story plot and action to romance and heartbreak. I'm so excited to find out what happens next for Rachel and Logan in Deception, and I have no doubt it will be even crazier than Defiance.