maganbagan

The Storyspinner
Becky Wallace
Mortal Heart
Robin LaFevers
Switched  - Amanda Hocking When I first read the description for this book, I was very intrigued. So when I was asked to review it for the republishing at St. Martin's I jumped at the chance.

Wendy Everly has never really fit in. Her mother tried to kill her when she was six years old, and everyone else except her brother and aunt thought she was strange.

But, when Wendy is seventeen, she learns why from the other new guy at her school, Finn Holmes. Despite what she wants, Wendy ends up in a world she had never imagined and struggles just to figure it all.

From the very beginning I couldn't stop reading this. The concept Amanda had come up with sounded very interesting and I wanted to know what was going on. Plus, I loved the dynamic of Wendy and Finn's relationship. From the moment they met there was obviously a connection between them.

We don't get a whole lot of answers in this first book, which I think is a good thing. It keeps the readers coming back for more and wondering what is going on. Amanda introduces just a little bit about the world of the Trylle, including the royalty, their powers, and how they are able to sustain themselves. So we're left with questions about not only the Trylle society, but also some of the other characters.

I'm definitely interested to find out more about Wendy's mother, who just so happens to be Queen, Finn, and Tove, one of the royals. There's so many places that Amanda could go with this world and these characters and I'm interested to find out how it all works out.