maganbagan

The Storyspinner
Becky Wallace
Mortal Heart
Robin LaFevers
Incarnate - Jodi Meadows There's something so gorgeous about this cover, that alone piqued my interest to want to read this. And I'm so glad that I did! Jodi Meadows has a fantastic debut novel.

Anna is a new soul in a land where it's inhabitants have been reincarnating for thousands of years. She's new and no one knows what that means or why it's happened, but they don't think it's a good sign.

So in an attempt to figure out how this could have happened, Anna travels to the main city of Heart and bumps into Sam. With his help Anna begins to discover the things she'd been denied, including love and music. But there's still the matter of her new soul, and whether or not she'll be reincarnated. Or if there will be more like her.

I absolutely loved the fact that Anna was different from the others. She was a fresh new person getting to discover the world around her that the others had known and seen for too many lifetimes. Everything was exciting and beautiful to her and added a nice twist to the world that the others already knew.

This was also set during a time with fantasy creatures including dragons, sylphs, centaurs, and others. I don't know about you, but I love a bit of action with dragons and others creatures and Jodi did a fantastic job with incorporating them into this story. They didn't all live in peace and the people of Heart had to fight against them in order to survive.

And the relationship between Anna and Sam was probably one of my favorite parts. It wasn't an instant fall in love thing, which works for certain stories and plots, but what they had was strong. The vast difference between their experiences only added to their connection. There were a few times when I felt my heart in my throat when reading about them, silently encouraging them.

Incarnate definitely set the tone for this trilogy and I, for one, can't wait to find out what else she has in store for these characters. We got some answers, but there's still so much left uncertain. When is book two coming out?