maganbagan

The Storyspinner
Becky Wallace
Mortal Heart
Robin LaFevers
Everneath - Brodi Ashton Not only does this debut novel having a haunting and gorgeous cover, but it also use a fresh telling of a Greek Myth. And, as you guys know by now, that is my favorite kind of story!

Six months ago Nikki Beckett was taken to the Everneath, an underworld. There, immortals survive by Feeding on the emotions of humans, those of despair and heartache.

When Nikki is able to return, she wants to make things right with those she left behind. But as she's slowly acclimating back into her world Cole, the immortal that brought her to the Everneath, comes back and won't leave until she returns with him. He wants her as his queen and he won't take no for an answer.

From the moment I started reading this I couldn't put it down. Brodi's writing was fresh and real and helped to tell Nikki's story flawlessly. The state Nikki was in when she returned from the Everneath was clear in her narration and I loved that.

The world that was created was also incredible. Not only did Brodi use a Greek myth as the underlying focus, but she also combined a few others to really add a fascinating twist. The world of the Everneath, including the immortals and the tunnels, was dark and haunting and beautifully described. This was very well researched and put together.

And the relationship between Nikki and the boyfriend she left behind, Jack, was just right. Everything for Nikki was awkward when she first returned, so even her interactions with her family and Jack would reflect that and I thought Brodi showed it perfectly. But as the story progressed, so did Nikki's state of mind.

I don't want to give anything away, but let me just say that I cannot wait for book 2 to come out already! This was probably one of my favorite books so far and isn't even 2012 yet, and I'm going to be pouting until we can get the next.