maganbagan

The Storyspinner
Becky Wallace
Mortal Heart
Robin LaFevers
Eve - Anna Carey Eve is the first book in Anna Carey's new dystopian trilogy, one that is sure to pull on your heart strings. And if that isn't enough, just take a look at this beautiful cover.

On the evening before Eve's school graduation, she learns the truth about what's waiting for them beyond the walls. A terrible disease wiped out the population, making the need to repopulate even more pressing. But Eve had no idea what that really meant.

So armed with a bag and the name of an area to go to that will keep her safe, Eve heads out on a terrifying journey. She has to learn how to survive, and to trust the one person she'd been taught to fear. A boy.

The cover and summary of this book were what first intrigued me to read this, and I'm so glad that I did. It isn't that much different from the society we have now or that much farther in the future, but the world Anna created is fascinating.

Eve went from the safe and protected environment to a scary and dangerous world that she knew nothing about. And trusting her well being to a group of men, that she'd been taught to fear, was such a huge step. Her growth and strength throughout the story really add to her character.

I loved watched the relationship between Eve and Caleb grow. Neither of them were looking for the other, but how they viewed things changed once they did. They were very much kids in a world that should have been protecting them.

Until it got closer to the end it didn't feel like a typical dystopian story to me, which I really appreciated it. Now I'm waiting (not so patiently) for the second book in this trilogy to find out what happens next. We only get a small picture of Eve's story and I'm anxious for what's to come. Anna gave her readers a great love story, one that's sure to tug and your heart strings and leave you wanting more.