maganbagan

The Storyspinner
Becky Wallace
Mortal Heart
Robin LaFevers
Shades of Atlantis - Carol Oates As most of you have been able to guess, I really love books that deal with mythology. It's so much fun to learn about the stories and legends that other cultures wrote about so many years ago. So, when I read the description of this book, I jumped at the chance to be able to read it.

Triona and her brother Ben have been raised by their Aunt and Uncle since the deaths of their parents and lived pretty normal lives. That is, at least, until Caleb Wallace enters the picture, and the somewhat mundane quality that Triona's life has taken on comes to a screeching halt. Their attraction to each other is instantaneous and life changing.

But there's so much more to Caleb than Triona could have ever imagined. And when she learns that she's apart of this new world, Triona has to come to grips with who she's always thought she was and who her destiny is to be.

Now, normally, I'm all for jumping right into the action. I love for stories to get straight to the fantasy elements, but not this time. I like that Carol took the time to build up the characters and really show the relationship between Triona Caleb before delving into the other part of the story. We got the chance to better understand her and Caleb without her trying to wrap her mind around something impossible.

And I also loved the legends mentioned in this story. Carol used Irish mythology, the tale of King Arthur, even the missing city of Atlantis to weave her amazing tale and it made it all the more fun for me to read. We only got a little taste of it in this book and I'm looking forward to seeing what else she has in store for us in the other books. I fell in love with the characters and the story and I hope you guys do to.