maganbagan

The Storyspinner
Becky Wallace
Mortal Heart
Robin LaFevers
Carrier of the Mark - Leigh Fallon This is Leigh Fallon's debut novel and one that I was really hoping to get. I wasn't really sure what to expect from this, because the summary doesn't give too much away, but I soon learned that was a good thing. It made the story even better in my opinion and this beautiful cover just added to it.

In this we follow Megan Rosenberg on her move to Kinsale Ireland from America with her father. They've moved around a lot, so it's not anything new, but things are definitely different this time around. Especially when Megan feels instantly drawn to the mysterious Adam DeRĂ­s.

He and his family have been the center of small town gossip for years, everyone trying to figure out their secret. No one has come close, at least until Adam finally gives in to the pull he feels toward Megan. Then a whole new world opens, allowing them to fulfill a destiny set in motion years ago. But, they still have obstacles to overcome and even more secrets to uncover about themselves.

Now, I'm going to be honest. I've had some trouble getting this review out and I have no idea why. I absolutely adored this book, but I don't want to give anything away. I guess that's part of the problem.

So, let's try this. Leigh Fallon's Carrier of the Mark is a wonderful blend of wit, romance, fantasy, and mythology for young adults and adults.Not only are we introduced to an interesting cast over characters and secrets, but also get to learn a bit more about Ireland. I don't know about you, but I've always been fascinated by the Irish and I loved getting to learn about it with Megan.

Everything from the land and architecture that was described to the local slang and names, we got a good idea of what life in Ireland would be like. Even meeting the other characters, including Adam's family, was fun and added even more to the story. I do have to admit that I had some trouble with a few of the names (Fionn for example) but I loved figure out how they were pronounced.

There's such a fascinating story here and I can't wait to find out what else is in store for these characters.

And after finishing this book there's still so much left unsaid that will hopefully be covered in the remaining books. I'm already anxious for book 2!