maganbagan

The Storyspinner
Becky Wallace
Mortal Heart
Robin LaFevers
Divergent  - Veronica Roth This is Veronica Roth's debut novel and what a debut it was! I could not put it down and didn't want it to end. When I reached the last page I found myself flipping back and forth a few times wondering where the rest was at.

Beatrice Prior lives in a time when the country has been divided into five different factions to help maintain a peaceful society. Beatrice not only learns a terrifying secret about herself during the aptitude test, but her choice of factions shocks everyone.

After changing her name to Tris, she decides to give it everything she has in order to make it through her new factions' initiation process. But things won't be as easy she imagined and Tris finds herself tested and every turn, including with a surprising romance. It's a fight to the end for placement and Tris soon discovers whom she can trust when things begin to spiral out of control.

I absolutely fell in love with Tris's voice and Veronica's writing style. There just aren't enough words to explain how this story pulled me in. Tris started off as a shy and quiet character, but had to learn how to fight back. Her naivete was understandable from the faction she had grown up in and she was very much a young girl trying to find her way in the world. But by the end she was tough and brave and I loved watching her growth.

So much took place, I found it difficult to put down, always wanting to know what happened next. The dystopian world that Veronica created was unique and interesting to unfold, I can't wait to see it up on the big screen. And, with the way this first book ended, I'm already anxious for the next in the series.

This is definitely a book that I would highly recommend and I encourage everyone to let the author know if they enjoyed it. She did a phenomenal job.