maganbagan

The Storyspinner
Becky Wallace
Mortal Heart
Robin LaFevers
City of Fallen Angels - Cassandra Clare In this fourth installment of the Mortal Instruments series, we get a lot more background and insight to our beloved characters while following them on an even more dangerous journey. Cassandra Clare's world of Shadowhunters and Downworlder's is in for a bumpy ride.

We first follow Simon, who not only is a vampire that can walk in the daylight, but also can't be harmed by anyone. He finds himself dating two different girls and being pursued by other vampires and downworlders alike. But all he wants is to have a normal life.

Clary begins her training to become a shadowhunter and helps her mom with her wedding to Luke. The only strange thing is that Jace pulls away from her and she doesn't know why. He battles his own inner demons while struggling with his love for Clary.

CoFA wasn't as action packed as the previous books in the series, but that didn't make it any less enthralling. Especially since we got to learn more about Simon and the struggles he has to deal with. I loved him as a secondary character in the beginning of the series, but Cassandra made him an even more likable character now. He has to face a new world as a vampire and figure out how to balance it.

And Jace and Clary, though they love each other, aren't out of the woods either. I've always loved his snarky attitude and quick comebacks, but we get to see a different side of him this time around. Sure he's still cocky when it comes to dealing with demons and the shadow world, but he's also more vulnerable this time around as he battles with his fears. Clary's confidence with facing demons and her power are also great to see.

We also get introduced to some new characters and a few that we met in Clockwork Angel, Cassandra's prequel series to The Mortal Instruments. So much takes place and yet there's even more that's still left to come. And one thing that you can be sure of is that there's never a shortage of twists and turns. The cliffhanger Cassandra ends this book with is brutal and has definitely ensured that I will be coming back for the remaining books in The Mortal Instruments series.