maganbagan

The Storyspinner
Becky Wallace
Mortal Heart
Robin LaFevers
Starcrossed - Josephine Angelini When I first read the description of this book, I knew that I would want to read it. Greek mythology is quite possibly one of my favorites and this was a modern day version of it. And I was so right about this!

Helen Hamilton lives on the small island of Nantucket and has always tried to blend in with everyone around her. She doesn't like to stand out and just wants to make it through school so she can go to college.

But that all comes to a screeching halt when the Delos family moves to the island. One look at Lucas Delos and Helen completely loses control. But that's not even the worst part, she doesn't know why or even understands what's happening. The only people who can tell her are the Delos', whom she can't stand to be around. There's so much she needs to learn and they have to figure out how to work together.

Josie has completely set the bar as far as debut novels go with this incredible story. Not only does she expertly use the famous Greek legends and myths, but she also really develops her characters so that you feel like you know them too.

Now I've read plenty of books lately, but I've never read one that had my stomach falling and my heart racing in certain areas. I wanted to cry and laugh and scream right along with Helen, feeling like I was seventeen again as I experienced the things she went through. Her relationship and connection with Lucas was strong and I hated it whenever they weren't together. I honestly can't wait to find out what more is in store for them.

There are two more books in this series and I can say with out a doubt that I am so antsy for the next installment. Thank you Josie for introducing us to such wonderful characters and creating a fabulous world with such well known Greek legends. I highly recommend this book and series to anyone!