maganbagan

The Storyspinner
Becky Wallace
Mortal Heart
Robin LaFevers
Blood Promise - Richelle Mead In Blood Promise, Rose leaves her school of St. Vladimir's and Lissa behind in search of Dimitri. Watching him being bitten by the Strigoi had been devastating for her, especially now that everyone thinks he is dead. Rose knows better, and wants to journey to his home country of Siberia to help set him free.

Along the way Rose comes into contact with an Alchemist, Dimitri family, and Abe Mazur, a man who ends up being a thorn in her side no matter what she does. Before Rose takes the final steps to search Dimitri out, she also meets another shadow-kissed pair that teach her more about the bond and connection she shares with Lissa.

This book was heart breaking and beautiful. At times it was difficult for me, but I wanted to know what happened next. The world that Richelle Mead has created is unique and refreshing, a wonderful take on the life of vampire's. Instead of this tale being told from the perspective of a Moroi, as you would expect, we get to read it from Rose, a guardian who can be right in the thick of the action.

I found myself fighting back tears through the majority of this book, wondering just how much more she could possibly take. Just when you think you know what's going to happen, Richelle pulls the rug out from under you to reveal there's so much more to the story.